Wednesday 24 October 2007

too much working...

My current work situation is that I'm a "party of one" here in our London office. While there are times this is a wonderful thing -- like when a good song comes on my last.fm player (check this site out folks, it's brilliant) and I can have a one-Meg dance party; or when I'm writing a report or proposal or something and I need to not be interrupted by folks wanting to see if I want to go to four-bucks for a coffee.

However, there are times (like now), when I'm wishing that I had someone to pitch in and help me with the mountain of work I have to do. I'm also still trying to sort out some personal, logistical crap like "how do I pay my gas bill?" and "when will our bank account get opened?". These things take time, and the owner of our company is seriously about to have kittens because I'm behind on some deliverables that we promised to some potential clients. I never thought I would feel this way, but I need a boss - here in the office. Not because I need to be told what to do, but more because it would be incredibly helpful to have someone in the office to help me prioritize and bounce ideas off of... it's tough when your sounding board is 3500 miles and 5 time zones away.

No comments: