Tuesday 30 October 2007

music I'm listening to these days

I'm currently obsessed with a few bands - some you'll know, some you won't, but all are worth a listen... it's funny, my iTunes account has been getting a workout since I've started working in an office by myself... if you take a look at this list, you'll probably see that I have a real thing for girls with guitars. :)

The Cliks: think Sleater-Kinney meets Justin Timberlake...
Jenny Owen Youngs: quirky, tongue-in-cheek, punk-folk - she sounds (and looks) a bit like Jenny Lewis from Rilo Kiley but substitutes the angst for hilarity. I heart her.
Kaki King: A guitar goddess, a real innovator. We saw her in concert in a tiny club in London a couple of weeks ago, but have been fans for years since I saw her at Bonnaroo and she left me speechless. Check out a youtube video of her here.
Carbon Leaf: the only dudes on my list. Jammy, bluegrass-inspired goodness, in the same vein as Dave Matthews. Makes you want to sing along.
Rachael Sage: East Village meets Tori Amos
The Ditty Bops: take inspiration from old-time folk and rag-time, and put a modern spin on it. did their last cross-country tour, travelling by bicycle. quirky doesn't begin to describe them, but incredibly catchy and lovable. you'll find yourself singing their songs in the shower.

No comments: